Sunday, July 23, 2006

Just learned that my...

great grandfather is about to die. He is almost 92 and until this last year he was more lively than some of my friends. There are so many things about him that i will miss. He was the funniest person i ever knew. He was the only positive male presence (father-figure, if you will) in my life as a child. I will miss him.

Looking at the tenses i use to describe him, i notice that my mind seems to refuse to internalize the inevitablilty of his passing.

thanks,
-d

5 comments:

Ewokrage said...

As I said before Im more than willing to listen if youever need to talk

discipline_is_wisdom said...

gracias.

The King Asshat said...

That's teh suck... Losing a loved one is like loosing a limb, you're never the same afterwards...

You should see him soon brosuff.

steph said...

my condolences, man. that sucks.

can't say much more than that, not on a blog anyway, for fear of it being misinterpreted as horribly insensitive or cliche.

but hopefully jacob and i will be coming down to sc soon where we can smoke and speak more candidly.

discipline_is_wisdom said...

that would be cool. you have to see my new place. i'm not sure if staying here would work, since i split a room w/ danielle and all...but there are couches. either way let me know. peace

Listed on BlogShares